Halloween Food Drive
Last year, our first Halloween Food Drive in the Central Frederick neighbourhood was a huge success. We knocked on 250 doors and collected over 600 pounds of food for the Food Bank of Waterloo Region. This year we're hoping to expand our reach to 400 homes and collect even more food. There are a couple of different ways to help out with this event:
- Thursday, October 24, 7 pm - Help us pass out fliers and food bags a week before Halloween. Meet up at 103 Simeon Street at 7 pm. We'll prep the bags and then go out and canvas the neighbourhood.
- Thursday, October 31, 6 pm - Meet up at 103 Simeon Street. We'll give you a route, and you can go out and collect some food. This is a great event to bring kids out to, as they can collect treats along the way and learn about the Food Bank at the same time.
Gifts to the Homeless
This ongoing monthly event is a way to get to know people living on the streets in downtown Kitchener and bless them in a practical way. We meet at 103 Simeon Street and then walk to the downtown core. Here are the dates for this fall:
- Saturday, October 19, 3:30 pm
- Saturday, November 16, 3:30 pm
- Saturday, December 14, 3:30 pm
Ray of Hope Meal Service
Every two months we help out a group from Westheights Community Church when they serve a meal at Ray of Hope Community Centre. The next scheduled meal is on Friday, November 1. Here's how to help out:
- To help prep the meal, arrive at the Community Centre at 5:00 pm.
- To help serve the meal, arrive at 6:45.
You can do both, of course! Contributions towards the cost of the meal are also appreciated.
Cookies for Water
Mennonite Central Committee's water projects. Our goal is to raise $5000. To thank our friends and family who help us raise the money, we'll be giving away tins of homemade festive cookies. Last year's cookie baking day was a ton of fun. This year, mark Sunday, December 8th on your calendars for a cookie baking day. More details to come.
Adopt a Family
Last year for Christmas, through Family and Children's Services of Waterloo Region, we adopted a family to bless for Christmas. This is a great way to spread Christ's love and the blessings of Christmas to families in need in our community. This year we want to do it again! More details to come.
House of Friendship Turkey Drive
Help hand out Christmas turkeys to families in need in the Waterloo region. More details to come.